Terms And Conditions
Our terms and conditions have been designed to be simple and easy to read. They are important, as they cover which bits of the move we are responsible for, and which bits you are responsible for.
1. LEGAL JARGON
“We” mean B-Moving , ABN 69624484820 , and “Us” and “Our” have corresponding meanings; “You” means the party entering into the agreement for Services with Us, and includes the party to whom Our estimate is addressed, and any party who gives Us instruction on Your behalf, and the party by whom the final acceptance is signed, and “Your” has corresponding meaning.
WE ARE NOT COMMON CARRIERS AND ACCEPT NO LIABILITY AS SUCH.
The promise to repair (or compensate) provided by Us, is in addition to any statutory rights that You may have arising from the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 or similar legislation. Those additional rights remain to the extent that they cannot be excluded. To the extent that they can be excluded they are. Where they cannot be excluded then such rights and any remedies arising therefrom are modified to the extent permitted by law.
2. THE BOOKING
You need to tell us what you would like moved and where it needs to go. We will estimate which vehicle to use, and how long it might take. This is an estimate only. The list that you give us at booking is a guide to what we are expecting to move on the day, not an itemised inventory.
3. CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
We have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you give us at least 24 hours’ notice before the booked start time of the job of any changes or cancellations, no fee applies. If you cancel within 24 hours, we will charge a fee of 1 hour of the booked hourly rate.
We will park anywhere safe you ask us to, EXCEPT in a Clearway. If the parking space is not legal, you can ask us to find a legal spot further away. Any parking fees we pay or infringements we receive will be added to the cost of the job. All our vehicles are eligible to use Loading Zones, however time limits always apply.
5. DURING THE MOVE
You need to tell us about any fragile goods or any special precautions that you would like us to take.
We will attempt to move all of your items as directed, however, we reserve the right to refuse to carry any item or items for any reason.
As we do not take an itemised inventory during the move, we will act on Your instruction at each location. You need to show us everything you need moved when we arrive at the pickup. You must check that nothing extra is taken, or items missed.
Sometimes there is more stuff than we discussed during the booking. We will always try to fit it in for you, but we don’t always have time or space to do more than we were booked for. If that is the case, we will try to discuss alternative options to get it all done.
If, after loading, we can’t deliver your goods for reasons outside our control, we will bring them back to our depot. You will then be responsible for any re-delivery charges. If this happens, we will do our best to contact you to work out any other way of solving the issue.
We will not accept any claim for consequential loss or damage if we refuse, or are unable to move an item or items for any reason.
Our “working time” is the time from when we arrive at the first address, to the completion of payment at the final address. The minimum is 3 hours of work, after that it is rounded up to the nearest half an hour.
Our “travel time” is a fixed time to get to the starting suburb before the job, and away from the end suburb after we finish working. We will advise the travel times when you book. If you change the start or end suburbs during the job, the travel time may change accordingly.
If your total charge (comprised of a combination of working time and travel time) exceeds 8 hours in one day then we will charge overtime rates. We will also charge overtime rates on certain jobs that are booked in for times outside of our usual working hours. These rates vary by vehicle and day of the week, please contact the office for overtime rates that would be applicable for your move.
We must be paid in full at the end of the job. Our working time does not finish until payment is finalised.
We take payment in cash, BANK transfer , Visa, or MasterCard at the end of the job. A surcharge may apply to credit card payments.
We don’t take business or personal cheques, we don’t offer credit without prior arrangement.
If you are unable to pay for your job on completion, we may need to keep some of your goods as security until payment is made. In that case there will be a charge to re-deliver those items, or you can collect them from our depot.
8. DAMAGE AND OUR GUARANTEE
We guarantee and include insurance for all work we perform. This means that as long as we’re told about any damage at the end of the move, then we will discuss with you the options of:
- Repairing the damage to as close as possible to it’s original condition or,
- Replacement if a repair cannot be performed or,
- Compensation instead of repair or replacement up to the pre-damage market value of the item.
- For goods which We deliver, You must advise us in writing of any loss and damage within 24 hours of delivery by Us. We may agree to extend this time limit upon receipt of Your written request provided such request is received within 24 hours of delivery. Consent to such a request will not be unreasonably withheld.
We WILL cover any physical damage caused by dropping, mis-handling, or inadequately securing of the item by us, except in the following circumstances:
- Televisions not packed in their original box, computer equipment, photocopiers, scientific instruments, musical instruments not in hard cases, architectural models, and sculptural artwork.
- Pieces of glass not wrapped, or packed safely. This includes picture glass and table tops.
- Stone, including marble, granite, composite or similar items. We will take these items if they can be safely moved, however we do not cover these items under our guarantee due to their inherent fragility.
- Furniture designed to be flat packed, or made of pressed wood, such as IKEA, Fantastic Furniture or similar. These items are inherently susceptible to suffer damage or disorder, no matter how carefully we move them. We recommend dis-assembly of such items before moving to reduce these risks.
- Mobile Storage Customers. We will not cover any items packed into mobile storage containers (PODS, Taxibox, GoBox etc) under any circumstances.
- We will not cover any internal faults where the item was not mis-handled by us, and was secured properly in the vehicle.
- Mattresses not protected by mattress cover, if required please advise us ( we will provide one at your cost)
8.2 COMPENSATION AND REPAIRS
We use reputable repairers. If your goods are damaged and taken for repair, we will repair them as close to their original condition as possible.
We will not compensate for any consequential loss or loss of value.
Where a replacement or compensation is offered, this is not a “new for old” service. The valuation will take into account the age, depreciation, and wear and tear of the item. If there is a dispute regarding the valuation of an item, it will be assessed by an independent licensed auctioneer, or a person nominated by our insurance company.
9. YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
- .You agree to:
- Take photographs of your items as proof for any potential disputes ( eg , fridges, tables etc)
- Pay for any parking or meter suspension charges incurred by Us in carrying out the work.
- Be present or represented throughout the collection and delivery of the removal.
- Where We provide You timesheet, You will ensure that they are signed by You or Your authorised representative as confirmation of collection or delivery of the Goods.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing is taken away in error.
- Arrange proper protection for goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises, or where other people such as (but not limited to) tenants or workmen are, or will be present.
- Prepare adequately and stabilize all appliances or electronic equipment prior to their removal.
- Arrange extra protection for items such as mattress covers, bubble wrap and etc. ( we provide blankets and straps for transit)
- Empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
- Ensure that all domestic and garden appliances, including but not limited to washing machines, dish washers, hose pipes, petrol lawn mowers are clean and dry and have no residual fluid left in them;
- Provide Us with a correct and up to date contact address and telephone number during removal transit and/or storage of goods.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from failure to discharge these responsibilities.